"Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny" is the series premiere of CBC's Anne (2017), the first episode of Season 1 and the first episode of the series overall. It was written by Moira Walley-Beckett and directed by Niki Caro. It premiered on CBC on March 19, 2017.
When a miscommunication brings a girl to Green Gables instead of a boy, Marilla and Matthew are faced with a life-changing decision.
- Amybeth McNulty as Anne Shirley
- Geraldine James as Marilla Cuthbert
- R.H. Thomson as Matthew Cuthbert
- Dalila Bela as Diana Barry
- Corrine Koslo as Rachel Lynde
- Aymeric Jett Montaz as Jerry Baynard
- Ian Clark as Stationmaster
- Edie Inksetter as Mrs. Hammond
- Martha Girvin as Mrs. Spencer
- Jonathan Holmes as Mr. William Barry
- Avery Trask as Girl #1
- Zoe McGarry as Girl #2
- Michelle Giroux as Mrs. Blewett
- Helen Johns as Mrs. Eliza Barry
- Sarah Dodd as Matron
- Helene Robbie as Elegant Woman
- Alexandra Floras-Matic as Older Girl
- Timothy Mooney as Mr. Hammond
- Dan Warry-Smith as Stablemaster
- Phillip Williams as Thomas Lynde
- Ryan Kiera Armstrong as Minnie May Barry
- Director: Niki Caro
- Writer: Moira Walley-Beckett
Behind the scenesEdit
- The crew officially started filming and began principal photography on September 22, 2016 in Ontario.
- The filming locations included Milton, Pickering (Green Gables), Caledon (Lake of Shining Waters), Markham (Hammond House), Dundas (Asylum), Georgetown, Ancaster, North York, Tottenham, Millbrook and Toronto.
- The filming of the pilot episode wrapped on October 27, 2016.
- The titles of this and the following episode ("I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me") are references to Chapter 23 of Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë's novel which had an influence on L.M. Montgomery's writing. The titular character works as a teacher for wealthy Mr. Rochester, whom she secretly loves. Believing he is about to get married to another woman, she wants to leave his house and go to Ireland. Jane eventually tells Mr. Rochester, "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will, which I now exert to leave you.", to which he replies: "And your will shall decide your destiny."
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 2 images from Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny (view gallery).|
- Some of the following videos are geographically restricted to the viewers from Canada by the channel's owner, CBC. We are including them nonetheless.
| "Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny" | "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me" | "But What Is So Headstrong as Youth?"|
"An Inward Treasure Born" | "Tightly Knotted to a Similar String" | "Remorse Is the Poison of Life"
"Wherever You Are Is My Home"