|Also known as||
Grey (in old age)
Thomas Lynde was the husband of Rachel Lynde.
Thomas married Rachel Lynde, who was a busy, boisterous and very tenderhearted woman. Together, they had twelve children. Rachel took good care of her husband, even if she was bossy. Their youngest son, eight years prior to Anne of Avonlea, had gone west. His loving parents took a lease on the farm in order to give him a start out there. This would eventually impact Rachel a great deal.
Thomas grew very sick, and the doctor's bill had to be paid. Rachel wondered what she would do without her husband.
- "You've been a good wife to me, Rachel."
- —Thomas' last words to Rachel[src]
The cause of Thomas's death is unknown. He died during Anne of Avonlea. Rachel mourned the loss of her husband greatly. Eventually, she moved in with the Cuthberts because she could not keep her house. After his death Rachel moved to Green Gables, where her neighbour Marilla Cuthbert lived.
Thomas is a male given name of Aramaic origin and means twin.
Behind the scenes
- David Hughes portrayed Thomas in two films by Kevin Sullivan, Anne of Green Gables (1985) and Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987).
- Gordon Sterne portrayed him in one episode of 1975 TV series Anne of Avonlea.
- Edmond Bennett portrayed Thomas in 1972 TV series Anne of Green Gables.
- Robert Irving portrayed him in four episodes of 1952 TV series Anne of Green Gables.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 3 images of Thomas Lynde (view category).|
TV series appearances