Ruby is a very pretty young girl. She has long blonde hair, fair skin, freckles and large blue eyes. She is petite in size. Ruby usually wears ribbons in her hair and is decidedly feminine.
Ruby is very nice and friendly towards all of her friends. Though it took time, she eventually warmed up to Anne, especially after she was forced to stay with her while her house was being repaired after a fire. She has shown to be a little shy and sensitive, especially around Gilbert Blythe, since she likes him. She has shown to be upset whenever someone else gets his attention and very infatuated when he talks to her.
Anne Shirley-Cuthbert Edit
Ruby and Anne have a tense friendship in the beginning. Ruby's dislike for Anne stems from the other girls due to the fact that she is orphaned. When Anne is noticed walking to school with Gilbert Blythe, Ruby dissolves into tears, seeing as Gilbert had been her crush for 3 years. Anne and Ruby ultimately become friends after Ruby's house burns down and she is forced to stay with the Cuthberts for a week until it is fixed. Afterwards, she warms up to Anne and they have a close friendship.
Gilbert Blythe Edit
Gilbert is Ruby's long time crush. He, however, seems to only acknowledge her out of politeness. She is known to cry over him when he notices other girls instead of her.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In this universe, Ruby has three younger sisters, whereas in the book series she has older sisters.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 82 images of Ruby Gillis (view gallery).|
Season 1 (Anne with an E)
- "But What Is So Headstrong as Youth?"
- "An Inward Treasure Born"
- "Tightly Knotted to a Similar String"
- "Remorse Is the Poison of Life"
- "Wherever You Are Is My Home"
Season 2 (Anne with an E)
- "Youth Is the Season of Hope"
- "Signs Are Small Measurable Things, But Interpretations Are Illimitable"
- "The Painful Eagerness of Unfed Hope"
- "The Determining Acts of Her Life"
- "I Protest Against Any Absolute Conclusion"
- "Memory Has as Many Moods as the Temper"
- "Struggling Against the Perception of Facts"
- "What We Have Been Makes Us What We Are"
- "The Growing Good of the World"
| Billy Andrews · Jane Andrews · Prissy Andrews · Diana Barry · Eliza Barry · Minnie May Barry · William Barry|
Jerry Baynard · Gilbert Blythe · Tillie Boulter · Marilla Cuthbert · Matthew Cuthbert · Ruby Gillis · Rachel Lynde
Mr. Phillips · Josie Pye · Anne Shirley · Charlie Sloane · Moody Spurgeon
| Mr. Andrews · Mrs. Andrews · Mr. Avery · Bank Manager · Josephine Barry · Mrs. Blewett · John Blythe · Doctor|
Mr. Dunlop · Mr. Gillis · Mrs. Gillis · Mr. Hammond · Mrs. Hammond · Jeannie · Mary Joe · Mrs. Kincannon · Thomas Lynde
Matron · Minister · Nathaniel · Pawnbroker · Miss Rogerson · Mrs. Spencer · Stablemaster · Stationmaster