About the familyEdit
The Pyes were similar to the Sloane family, in size and personality. They often tried to do everything themselves and often refused do contribute unless one of their own were involved. Pyes were also wealthy considering that they contributed to most of the Avonlea Village Improvement Society subscriptions and Josie Pye was sent to Queen's Academy twice without financial problems.
In Avonlea lived four families of Pyes, although many members lived along the Carmody road.
Members by birth
- Anthony Pye — insubordinate and rude student of Anne Shirley
- George Pye — uncle of Anthony, his wife took him to live with them
- Gertie Pye — older sister of Josie, student of Avonlea school and member of Avonlea Village Improvement Society
- John Andrew Pye — son of Roger, told father to bring paint from the town
- Joshua Pye — painter, resident of Carmody, painted Avonlea Hall blue
- Josie Pye — younger sister of Gertie, student of Avonlea school and Queen's Academy, enemy of Anne Shirley
- Lizzie Pye — bad-tempered and mean lady, rumour had that Stephen Clark courted with her
- Mr. Pye — father of Gertie and Josie
- Roger Pye — father of John Andrew, brought the hall paint from the town
- Sarah Pye — stayed at Miss MacPherson's house during her stay at Alexander Abraham
- Victoria Pye — wife of Christopher Holland
Members by marriage
- Mrs. Pye — mother of Gertie and Josie
- Mrs. George Pye — wife of George Pye, aunt of Anthony, she took him to live with them
- Mrs. Roger Pye — wife of Roger Pye and resident of Avonlea
Behind the scenesEdit
- Although the Pye family was a large clan, in Anne of Green Gables series they aren't mentioned very often and only few members of the Pye family are known.
Short story appearances
TV series appearances
Web adaptations appearances