- "I read in a book once that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but I've never been able to believe it. I don't believe a rose would be as nice if it was called a thistle or a skunk-cabbage."
- This article is about the Queen's Academy and Redmond College pupil. You may be looking for the Avonlea school and Queen's Academy pupil, Prissy Andrews.
Priscilla was born in 1865 to Mr. and Mrs. Grant somewhere on Prince Edward Island. She was raised there and began attending a local school at the age of six. Priscilla was very clever and decided to continue with her studies. She passed the test that allowed her to attend Queen's Academy.
In September 1880, Priscilla began her first year at Queen's Academy. She took two years in one year and joined second grade. She shared class with Anne Shirley and Stella Maynard and they became good friends.
- "Even Billy Andrews' boy is going—and Jane's only son—and Diana's little Jack. Priscilla's son has gone from Japan and Stella's from Vancouver—and both the Rev. Jo's boys. Philippa writes that her boys 'went right away, not being afflicted with her indecision.'"
- —Anne tells Ingleside news of the boys going off to war[src]
- "In the Academy Anne gradually drew a little circle of friends about her, thoughtful, imaginative, ambitious students like herself. With the "rose-red" girl, Stella Maynard, and the "dream girl," Priscilla Grant, she soon became intimate, finding the latter pale spiritual-looking maiden to be full to the brim of mischief and pranks and fun..."
- —The beginning of Anne Shirley's friendship with Stella and Priscilla.[src]
Priscilla was a warm, perceptive person with a lively sense of humour. She was a loyal friend and very adept at keeping peace. "Thoughtful, imaginative [and] ambitious", she worked hard and had the useful tendency to look before she leapt.
- "Priscilla Grant, golden and fair in silk attire."
- —Priscilla's appearance as a young woman[src]
Priscilla is a female given name of Latin origin and means ancient or venerable.
Behind the scenesEdit
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 38 images of Priscilla Grant (view gallery).|