|Also known as||
|Clubs and societies||Books universe|
Lewis was born in 1873 in New Brunswick to George Allen and Mary Gardiner. They died when he was ten. Mary's cousin, Aunt Ida took him to Summerside, Prince Edward Island, but she died two years later.
- "Lewis will try to kill two birds with one stone, as he is competing for a prize offered by Country Homes for the best photograph of an attractive farmhouse. The prize is twenty-five dollars and that will mean a badly needed new suit and overcoat for Lewis."
- —Anne Shirley
There they visited Armstrong House and met James and little Teddy Armstrong. Lewis photographed the house and the little boy. Three weeks later, Lewis showed Anne his photos. She saw that Teddy looked like Lewis at a young age. They visited James Armstrong and they found that Teddy was dead. Lewis had his photo ang gave it to sad father. Then they discovered that Lewis is Teddy's cousin and James's nephew.
- "I want you to help me keep my promise to the Little Fellow. His place is empty. Come you and fill it."
- —James Armstrong to Lewis.
His uncle invited him to live with him, which Lewis agreed to. He finished Summerside High School and in September 1889 began his first and only year at Queen's. A year later, he attended McGill in Montreal and probably studied Arts there.
Lewis is a male given name of English origin and means renowned fighter.
Behind the scenes
- Daniel Schlauch provided the voice of Lewis in the German audio drama Anne of Windy Willows (2009).
- Dave Foley portrayed Lewis in the 1987 film Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel. He was the first actor to play the part.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 2 images of Lewis Allen (view category).|
Audio drama appearances