- "Once it was a mere frontier station on the fringe of the wilderness, and those were the days when Indians kept life from being monotonous to the settlers. Then it grew to be the bone of contention between the British and the French, being occupied now by the one and now by the other, emerging from each occupation with some fresh scar of battling nations branded on it."
- —A brief history of Kingsport[src]
- "Kingsport is a quaint old town, ... wrapped in its ancient atmosphere, as some fine old dame in garments fashioned like those of her youth. Here and there it sprouts out into modernity, but at heart it is still unspoiled; it is full of curious relics, and haloed by the romance of many legends of the past."
- —Anne of the Island, Chapter 4[src]
Behind the scenes
- Although fictional, Kingsport is based on Halifax, Nova Scotia, where Lucy Maud Montgomery attended Dalhousie University and worked as a newspaper woman for the Halifax Daily Echo.
- Halifax is defined as a city nowadays, but Montgomery describes Kingsport as a town.
- The stories set at the Summerside High School were relocated to Kingsport for Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987), an adaptation of Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island and Anne of Windy Poplars.
TV series appearances
|Boston | Charlottetown|
| Bonnyview | Echo Lodge | The Evergreens | Glen St. Mary manse | Green Gables|
House of Dreams | Ingleside | Lone Willow Farm | Lynde's Hollow | Maplehurst | Mount Holly
Orchard Slope | Patty's Place | Tomgallon House | Windy Poplars | The Yellow House
|Haunted Wood | Hester Gray's garden | Lake of Shining Waters | Lover's Lane | Rainbow Valley|
|Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Saskatchewan|
|Avonlea school | Glen St. Mary school | Queen's Academy | Redmond College | Summerside High School|
|Bolingbroke | Grafton | Hopetown | Kingsport | Summerside|
| Avonlea | Carmody | Glen St. Mary | Harbour Head | Lowbridge | Millward|
Newbridge | Scottsford | Spencervale | Upper Glen | White Sands
| Avonlea Hall | Canada | Four Winds | Hammond Sawmill|
Old St. John's Cemetery | Over-Harbour | Spook's Lane | Tomorrow