- "Miss Josephine Barry is dead."
- —Anne Shirley
Some time after her death, Anne Shirley received letters from her friends and a thin, typewritten communication which she thought was unimportant. It was a letter from Miss Barry's lawyer – he wrote her about the recent death of his client who had left Anne a thousand dollars. Anne grieved for her late benefactor and eventually used the money to pay her school fees.
Miss Josephine had grey hair.
Josephine is a female given name of Hebrew origin and means Jehovah increases.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the 1987 film, Josephine was guest at Diana's wedding. In the book, she didn't attend it, because she had died one and half year prior.
- The house used as Josephine's in the 1985 film is actually Spadina Museum and Heritage Gardens which is located in Toronto, Ontario.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 16 images of Josephine Barry (view category).|
- Anne of Green Gables
- Anne of Avonlea (mentioned only)
- Anne of the Island (mentioned only)
- Anne of Ingleside (mentioned only)