The story is conveyed in the form of vlogs, tweets, Tumblr posts and other social media. It is a modern adaptation of Anne, and many of the elements in it have been changed to better suit 21st-century culture.
Green Gables Fables is a modern adaptation of L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables series. Watch the lives of Anne Shirley and her friends Diana Barry and Gilbert Blythe unfold through the internet in a different way of storytelling.
- Cinematographers: Solange Desrochers (51/151), Mandy Harmon (33/151), Ravyn Hohneke (16/151), Marie Trotter (4/151), Tanner Gillman (3/151), Jamie Cooper (1/151)
- Composer: John Wamsley (1/151)
- Directors: Mandy Harmon (93/151), Marie Trotter (24/151), Alicia Whitson (15/151), Lucy McPhee (1/151)
- Editors: Mia Hills (116/151), Solange Desrochers (44/151), Mandy Harmon (23/151), Marie Trotter (9/151)
- Graphic Designer: Karina Mistry (31/151)
- Producer: Marie Trotter (139/151)
- Sound: Lucy McPhee (24/151), Solange Desrochers (23/151), Marie Trotter (1/151)
- Transmedia Assistant: Lucy McPhee
- Transmedia Director: Marie Trotter
- Writers: Marie Trotter (83/151), Alicia Whitson (82/151), Lucy McPhee (22/151), Nikki Baker (3/151), Tanner Gillman (1/151), Abigail Snarr (1/151), John Wamsley (1/151)
- Main article: Green Gables Fables/Episodes
Behind the scenesEdit
- Ravyn Hohneke, Chris Jones and Eliza Crump (who play Diana Barry, Matthew Cuthbert and Jane Andrews respectively) are friends of Mandy Harmon and were chosen by her as perfect candidates for their roles.
- Abigail Snarr, who portrays Ruby Gillis, is the first actress to appear in the series who was found via casting call.
- The members of the executive production team (Marie Trotter, Alicia Whitson, and Mandy Harmon) first met in June 2015 after producing one season without meeting in person and creating the show strictly through Internet communication.
- The cast and crew are from all over the North America, namely Utah, Kansas, California and Ontario.
- The filming of Season 1 took place in Lehi, Utah, USA. It was being shot from January 2014 to February 2, 2015.
- Filming one episode of Season 1 usually took from one to four hours, depending on the length of the script as Mandy Harmon mostly operated equipment and monitored angles and sound on her own.
- Marie Trotter, the Canadian in the writing duo, checked the episodes for vocabulary differences and/or slang, and she provided most of the information about the Canadian high school system.
- In summer 2014, the production team launched a project named Green Gables Fables Story Club. It was a opportunity for fans to create their own canon. Five prompts were posted every Wednesday and fans could respond to them with their fics, drabbles, headcanons or fanarts. At the end of each week, a summary of new canon material was posted.
- Since September 10, 2014, Emilia Hills has been a member of the production team as editor.
- Since October 10, 2014, Lucy McPhee has been a member of the production team as transmedia assistant. In the same month, Ravyn Hohneke became a cinematography director.
- In October 2014, there was a survey on the ship name of Anne and Gilbert. Ship name 'Shirbert' won the poll and was used among fans since then.
- As a special gift for the fans, four recurring characters filmed additional vlogs which offered new perspectives on the events at Avonlea High. The videos were being released from Monday to Friday for almost the whole month of December – Gilbert Blythe posted his videos on Mondays, Jane on Tuesdays, Anne as per usual on Wednesdays, Josie on Thursdays and Ruby on Fridays. This schedule was used again when the Kickstarter perk videos were released in June 2015. Gilbert began the project on December 1, 2014, with "Video Blog #1: A Hockey Story", and Anne wrapped up on Christmas Day with "My Good Friends Gave to Me".
- Fablers is the official fandom name. It was announced on January 7, 2015, as a result of fan voting.
- The production team was contacted by Nate, who asked them if there was anything they could do for birthday of his girlfriend and GGF fan, Jaylene. Tanner Gillman, Ravyn Hohneke, Alicia Whitson, Marie Trotter, Mia Hills and Mandy Harmon filmed a special Happy Birthday video for her and uploaded it on YouTube channel. It can be viewed here.
- From February 9 to February 14, 2015, the cast and crew members (namely Marie Trotter, Emilia Hills, Alicia Whitson, Mandy Harmon, Lucy McPhee and Ravyn Hohneke) were implying the upcoming Kickstarer campaign via their daily Tumblr posts.
- The Kickstarter fundraising for Season 2 was launched on February 18, 2015. More than 150 people donated 7,134 CAD in the first 24 hours. The project's goal (10,000 CAD) was reached on February 22, only 4 days after the launch. The fundraising ended after 30 days on March 20, 2015. It successfully raised 15,358 CAD with 355 backers.
- In case of making more than $10,000 in the Kickstarer project, the production team promised special treats for fans.
- $10,000 - a special cast and crew lip-sync dance celebration video (reached)
- $12,000 - a Q&A video with Mandy Harmon and Tanner Gillman (reached)
- $15,000 - a reaction video to events from Season 1 by future Anne and Gilbert (reached)
- $20,000 - video letters from Jane, Ruby, Josie and Tristan during Season 2
- $25,000 - a humorous vlog style adaptation of a scene from Anne of the Island in early 1900s period clothing
- $30,000 - 5 episodes adapted from Anne of Avonlea, broadcast in July/August
- Special rewards were given the people who donated to the Kickstarter project.
- Kindred Spirit ($5) - their eternal gratitude
- Bosom Friend ($10) - mention in special Thank You video
- Puffed Sleeves ($15) - a postcard signed by cast and crew members
- Carrots ($20) - 2 buttons
- Lovers' Lane ($30) - a PDF version of Season 1 script
- The Lady of Shalott ($50) - poster
- The Story Club ($50) - a signed and printed Season 1 script
- The Snow Queen ($75) - a Kindred Spirit T-shirt
- Patty's Place ($90) - a Kindred Spirit T-shirt and a signed postcard
- Raspberry Cordial ($95) - a Kindred Spirit T-shirt and 2 buttons
- The Lake of Shining Waters ($100) - a voicemail message recorded by Mandy Harmon
- White Sands ($150) - a special video by Ruby Gillis
- Redmond ($150) - a special video by Gilbert Blythe
- Queen's ($150) - a special video by Jane Andrews
- Carmody ($150) - a special video by Josie Pye
- Avonlea ($300) - a special video by Anne Shirley
- From May 25 to June 1, 2015, new cast members for Season 2 were announced (namely Vanessa Agnelli, Alex J. Cairns, Marium Raja, Bernadette Medhurst, John Wamsley, Robyn Matuto, Michael Merrithew and Ayla Shiblaq who portrayed Stella Maynard, Christine Stuart, Priscilla Grant, Marilla Cuthbert, Fred Wright, Philippa Gordon, Royal Gardner and Blake Jonas respectively).
- Thanks to the Kickstarter donations, Mandy Harmon, Ravyn Hohneke, Tanner Gillman, Alicia Whitson and Mia Hills were able to travel to Canada and attend the filming of Season 2. Their social media posts concerning the shooting were tagged #hugsinjune.
- Filming of Season 2 took place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was being filmed from June 1 to June 19, 2015, and more than 200 hours of footage were shot.
- During the filming of Season 2, the cast and crew (Alicia Whitson, Ravyn Hohneke, Tanner Gillman, Lucy McPhee, Mandy Harmon and Marie Trotter) formed The Giblert Manor Folk Band and made covers of You and I, Come Thou Fount and I Won't Give Up.
- From June 15 to June 26, 2015, 10 Kickstarter perk videos were released, using the same posting schedule like in December. These perk videos are known on the Wiki as "Season 1.5", a name approved by the creators themselves.
- On July 24, 2015, the Thank You video with the names of all Kickstarter backers who donated more than 10 CAD, was released on YouTube. It can be viewed here.
Awards and accoladesEdit
|2015||Literary-Inspired Web Series Awards||Best Actor in a Supporting Role||Tanner Gillman||Won|
|Best Actress in a Leading Role||Mandy Harmon||Nominated|
|Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Ravyn Hohneke||Nominated|
|Best Book Adaptation Script||Nominated|
|Best Costume and Set Design||Nominated|
|Best Ensemble Cast||Nominated|
|Best Literary-Inspired Webseries||Nominated|
|Best Transmedia Experience||Marie Trotter and Lucy McPhee||Won|
|2016||Literary-Inspired Web Series Awards||Best Actor in a Leading Role||Tanner Gillman||Won|
|Best Actress in a Leading Role||Mandy Harmon||Won|
|Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Abigail Snarr||Won|
|Best Chemistry||Mandy Harmon and Tanner Gillman||Won|
|Best Costume and Set Design||Nominated|
|Best Ensemble Cast||Nominated|
|Best Literary-Inspired Webseries||Won|
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 6 images of Green Gables Fables (view gallery).|
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 410 images from Green Gables Fables (view gallery).|
Green Gables Fables