February 2 is the 33rd day of the year. There are 332 days remaining until the end of the year (333 in leap years).
Behind the scenes
- 1923 — Bonita Granville, who played School Girl in the 1934 film Anne of Green Gables, was born in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
- 1939 — Jackie Burroughs, who portrayed Amelia Evans in the 1985 film Anne of Green Gables and Hetty King in Road to Avonlea (1990–1996) and Happy Christmas, Miss King (1998), was born in Lancashire, England, United Kingdom.
- 1942 — Junko Hori, who provided the voice of Josie Pye in Anne of Green Gables (1979), was born in Hiroshima, Japan.
- 1956 — Charley Grapewin, who portrayed Dr. Tatum in Anne of Green Gables (1934), died in Corona, California, United States.
- 1975 — Episode 2 of Anne of Avonlea was broadcast on BBC.
- 1992 — "When She Was Bad, She Was Horrid: Part 1", the fourth episode of Season 3 of Road to Avonlea, was broadcast on CBC.
- 1997 — Part 3 of the 1997 radio drama Anne of Green Gables, was broadcast on BBC Radio 4.
- 2008 — Barry Morse, who played Palmer Winfield in the 2000 film Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story, died in London, England, United Kingdom.