Diana was born to William and Eliza Barry in Avonlea, Prince Edward Island. She quickly became close friends with Anne Shirley. Diana once got accidentally drunk because Anne confused juice with wine. This incident caused Diana's mother to forbid them to talk to each other, but after Anne saved Minnie May they were allowed to reunite.
Diana has long black hair that she usually accessorizes with ribbon, dark eyes, and a warm smile.
Diana Barry is a kind and sweet girl. Being brought up in a well to do family, Diana is very polite and versed in social etiquette. She is loyal and diplomatic, as seen by the way she constantly stands up to her own friends for Anne's sake. She is more down to earth than Anne, but has a great appreciation for the other's imagination.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The CBC website describes her as, Anne's loyal friend and kindred spirit. Diana is the perfect match for Anne; she's a sensible, grounded girl who balances out Anne's flights of fancy.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 306 images of Diana Barry (view gallery).|
Season 1 (Anne)
- "Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny"
- "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me"
- "But What Is So Headstrong as Youth?"
- "An Inward Treasure Born"
- "Tightly Knotted to a Similar String"
- "Remorse Is the Poison of Life"
- "Wherever You Are Is My Home"
| Billy Andrews · Jane Andrews · Prissy Andrews · Diana Barry · Eliza Barry · Minnie May Barry · William Barry|
Jerry Baynard · Gilbert Blythe · Tillie Boulter · Marilla Cuthbert · Matthew Cuthbert · Ruby Gillis · Rachel Lynde
Mr. Phillips · Josie Pye · Anne Shirley · Charlie Sloane · Moody Spurgeon
| Mr. Andrews · Mrs. Andrews · Mr. Avery · Bank Manager · Josephine Barry · Mrs. Blewett · John Blythe · Doctor|
Mr. Dunlop · Mr. Gillis · Mrs. Gillis · Mr. Hammond · Mrs. Hammond · Jeannie · Mary Joe · Mrs. Kincannon · Thomas Lynde
Matron · Minister · Nathaniel · Pawnbroker · Miss Rogerson · Mrs. Spencer · Stablemaster · Stationmaster