About the familyEdit
Members by birth
- Anne Blythe — daughter of Anne and Gilbert, twin sister of Diana, wife of Jerry Meredith, mother of Diana Meredith
- Anne Blythe — daughter of Faith and Jem, sister of Jem Jr. and Walter Jr.
- Bertha Marilla Blythe — daughter of Anne and Gilbert, wife of Kenneth Ford, mother of Gilbert and Rilla Ford
- David Blythe — uncle of John Blythe, doctor of Glen area
- Diana Blythe — daughter of Anne and Gilbert, twin sister of Nan, sister of Joyce, Jem, Walter, Shirley and Rilla
- Gilbert Blythe — son of John and Mrs. Blythe, husband of Anne Shirley, student of Queen's Academy and Redmond College, teacher, doctor of Glen area, father of Joyce, Jem, Walter, Nan, Di, Shirley and Rilla
- James Matthew Blythe — son of Anne and Gilbert, husband of Faith Meredith, father of Jem Jr., Walter Jr. and Anne, soldier in World War I and doctor
- James Blythe Jr. — son of Faith and Jem, brother of Walter Jr. and Anne, soldier in World War II
- John Blythe — father of Gilbert Blythe, husband of Mrs. Blythe, farmer in Avonlea
- Joyce Blythe — first daughter of Anne and Gilbert, died in the same day when she was born
- Mary Maria Blythe — cousin of John Blythe
- Shirley Blythe — son of Anne and Gilbert, brother of Joyce, Jem, Walter, Nan, Di and Rilla, soldier in World War I
- Walter Cuthbert Blythe — son of Anne and Gilbert, poet, teacher and soldier, killed in World War I
- Walter Blythe Jr. — son of Faith and Jem, brother of Jem Jr. and Anne, soldier in World War II
Members by marriage
- Anne Blythe (nee Shirley) — daughter of Bertha and Walter Shirley, former resident of Bolingbroke, Marysville and Hopetown asylum. She was adopted by Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert, lived with them at Green Gables and became best friend of Diana Barry. Student of Avonlea School, Queen's Academy and Redmond College, teacher at Avonlea School and Summerside High School. Anne got married with Gilbert Blythe and had seven children with him: Joyce, Jem, Walter, Nan, Di, Shirley and Rilla.
- Faith Blythe (nee Meredith) — daughter of Cecilia and John Meredith, sister of Jerry, Una and Carl, half-sister of Bruce. She studied at Glen St. Mary school, Queen's Academy and Redmond College. Faith was engaged to Jem Blythe, after World War I they got married and had together three children: Jem Jr., Walter Jr. and Anne.
- Mrs. Dave Blythe — wife of Dave Blythe, aunt of John Blythe, resident of Glen area
- Mrs. John Blythe — wife of John Blythe, mother of Gilbert, resident of Avonlea
|Mr Blythe||Mrs Blythe||Dave Blythe|
|Mrs Dave Blythe||Mr Blythe||Mrs Blythe|
|Mrs John Blythe|
|Mary Maria Blythe|
|Jem Blythe Jr.|
|Walter Blythe Jr.|
- Avonlea, Prince Edward Island
- Four Winds, Prince Edward Island
- Glen St. Mary, Prince Edward Island
- Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Several members lived in the small village of Avonlea, including John and Gilbert Blythe. Later Gilbert married Anne Shirley and they moved to the House of Dreams, Four Winds, where Anne gave birth to two children Joyce and Jem, the latter of whom survived. After living there for two years, Gilbert decided they needed a bigger house to live in.
They moved to Ingleside, Glen St. Mary, where the rest of Anne's children were born. Gilbert's great-aunt, Mary Maria Blythe, was mentioned to have a home in Charlottetown, but came to Ingleside for a short visit after her mother died aged eighty-five.
Behind the scenesEdit
Many of the Blythe children (with the exception of Joyce) were named after other people, living or dead, that had made a particular influence on Anne and Gilbert.
- James Matthew Blythe
- Walter Cuthbert Blythe
- Anne Blythe
- Diana Blythe
- Diana Barry, Anne's childhood friend and Gilbert's friend.
- Shirley Blythe
- Bertha Marilla Blythe