April 1 is the 91st day day of the year (92nd in leap years). There are 274 days remaining in the year.
Behind the scenes
- 1916 — John Drainie, who portrayed Matthew Cuthbert in the 1956 film Anne of Green Gables and its 1958 reprise, was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- 1944 — Harold Entwistle, who appeared in an uncredited role in the 1940 film Anne of Windy Poplars, died in Hollywood, California, USA.
- 1979 — "Anne Goes to School", the 13th episode of Akage no An, was broadcast.
- 2012 — Denis de Marne, who portrayed Jerry Corgoran in the 1975 TV series Anne of Avonlea, died in London, England, United Kingdom.
- 2016 — "Thoughts on Growing Up", the 36th weekly vlog of Anne Shirley and a Project Green Gables episode, premiered on YouTube.