- This page is considered an official policy on Anne of Green Gables Wiki. It has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that everyone should follow. Except for minor edits, please make use of the forum to propose changes to this policy.
If you found this page, you probably want to know more about what kind of rules we have here on this wiki. Simply put, there are no rules.
But wait! That doesn't mean you can go do anything you like. It just means that they aren't hard and fast. Instead, there are policies, which are similar to rules, except that they are looser and often have exceptions. (Kind of like the English language, really.)
Anyway, we don't believe in too many rules, or even too many policies, as they can stunt growth and overwhelm new users. Those are absolutely the last things we want to do. Hence, we broke down the guidelines into as few separate pages as possible. Other easily explainable policies can be found on this page.
There are very few policies which apply across all Wikia. These can be found on Community Central at Wikia:Category:Policy.
- If you want to know how old you have to be to edit, check out our Age policy.
- If you want to know what things you're allowed to put in a blog post, check out the Blog policy.
- If you want to know what counts as 'official' on this wiki, check out the Canon policy.
- If you want to know which subjects we cover and which ones we don't, check out the Rule of inclusion.
All articles should be written in a neutral point of view. Edits should reflect the facts about the subject and not the opinions of the editor in question.
Blog posts versus forum threads versus article comments:
- If you have something long and thought-out to post that doesn't really need input from other users, put it in a blog post.
- If you would like to discuss an article or talk about something off topic, put it in a forum thread.
- If you something short to say about a specific topic that's not really a discussion, put it in an article comment.
If you have a question about our policies that hasn't yet been answered, then you can ask it over at Kindred Spirits (the forum), or leave a message on an admin's message wall.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki|
|About | Parent Page | History | FAQ|
|General policy | Age policy | Blog policy | Canon policy | Rule of inclusion|
|Help & Editing|
|Help Contents | Languages | Manual of Style | References | Projects | Badges | Sandbox|
|Administrators | Leaderboard | Userboxes|
|Chat | Kindred Spirits | News | Blogs | Links | Affiliates | Banners|