A BBC Radio 4 full-cast dramatisation of the enchanting children's classic about a little red-headed girl with a heart of gold.
Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert have sent to the orphanage for a boy. So when a skinny, red-haired girl turns up, she is not quite what they had in mind.
Anne Shirley soon sets the quiet island community of Avonlea talking of little else. With her incessant chatter and intense imagination, things are never dull with Anne – in fact, they are frequently fiery.
But slowly the islanders realise that beneath the quicksilver tongue and the red-headed temper is a little girl with a heart of gold, who brings a much-needed warmth and vitality to the community.
Since its publication in 1908, the story of Anne Shirley has touched a chord in the hearts of readers all over the world: ’...old pioneers in the Australian bush, girls in India, missionaries in China, monks in remote monasteries, premiers of Great Britain, and red-headed people all over the world have written to me, telling me how they loved Anne’, wrote L.M. Montgomery about her heroine. The infectious liveliness and charm of the novel emanates delightfully from this BBC Radio 4 full-cast dramatisation.
|1.||Episode 1||January 19, 1997|
|2.||Episode 2||January 26, 1997|
|3.||Episode 3||February 2, 1997|
|4.||Episode 4||February 9, 1997|
|5.||Episode 5||February 16, 1997|
- Barbara Barnes as Anne (5/5)
- Susan Engel as Marilla (5/5)
- Sean Baker as Matthew (5/5)
- Ann Beach as Rachel/Principal
- Joanne MacInnes as Diana
- Sarah Wateridge as Ruby
- Amanda Gordon as Jane
- Colleen Prendergast as Josie
- Robert Harper as Gilbert
- Shirley Dixon as Aunt Josephine/Mrs Blewett
- Adjoa Andoh as Miss Stacy/Organiser
- Kim Wall as Mr Phillips/Mr Barry/Doctor
- Alice Arnold as Mrs Barry
- Janet Maw as Mrs Spencer
- Ioan Meredith as Station Master
- Director: Sally Avens (5/5)
- Dramatisation: Marcy Kahan (5/5)
- Producer: Sally Avens (5/5)
Behind the scenesEdit
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 4 images of Anne of Green Gables (1997 radio drama) (view gallery).|