Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series, later rebranded as Anne: The Animated Series, is an animated television show produced by Sullivan Entertainment and created by Kevin Sullivan.
Anne of Green Gables the award-winning series presents 26 entertaining and educational episodes. By watching this series, you are able to follow Anne as her out of control imagination leads her through many different adventures, which demonstrate important lessons in loyalty, resolving conflict and problem-solving. So why not join Anne and her friends in both difficult times and lots of laughter in this animated, family friendly version of Anne of Green Gables that you are sure to enjoy.
Anne winks at the audience at the intro sequence's end.
This song is the introduction to every episode and is sung by Bryn McAuley.
Once upon an orphanage
My life was a near tragic state
I longed to find a brighter place
Somewhere full of love and grace
I dream of fields with a cool ocean breeze
A home for my own family
When I got my wish I pinched myself
To make sure this home was real
They sent for a boy but then I was a girl
My dreaming had just let me down again
If I came as a queen with long ebony hair
Then maybe they'd feel I was worth it for them
I'm a good worker in spite of my talking
I've longed to belong here for all of my life
Don't send me away without seeing what I see
Everything I touch is full of delight
I'll do my best to not let you down
I can imagine a world full of joy
Just give me your hand and I'll teach you to hope
You'll find that I have something worthwhile
Just let me stay here and I'll love you forever
I promise a life full of smiles
- Main article: Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series/Episodes
There have been four novelisations of Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series published.
- Anne's New Home, by Kevin Sullivan and Elizabeth Morgan
- Anne's Red Hair, by Kevin Sullivan and Leslie Goldman
- Anne's Babysitting Blues, by Leslie Goldman
- Anne and the Bully, by Leslie Goldman
Behind the scenesEdit
- Wayne Robson, who provided the voice of Matthew Cuthbert in the animated series and in the 2005 film Anne: Journey to Green Gables, also played Amos Spry in three episodes of Road to Avonlea (1990-1996).
- Patricia Gage voiced Marilla Cuthbert in the animated series and in Anne: Journey to Green Gables. She also portrayed Mrs. Hardy in "Old Quarrels, Old Love", the fifth episode of Season 2 of Road to Avonlea.
- Dalene Irvine, who provided the voice of Felicity King in both the animated series and the film, also played Ginny Andrews in the 2000 film Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story.
- Linda Sorensen voiced Hetty King in the animated series and the film. She also portrayed Isabelle Carrington in "Strictly Melodrama", the eighth episode of Season 5 of Road to Avonlea.
- Patricia Hamilton portrayed Rachel Lynde in Anne of Green Gables (1985), Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987), Road to Avonlea (1990-1996), Happy Christmas, Miss King (1998), Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story (2000) and Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning (2005) and voiced her in Anne: Journey to Green Gables.
- Adrian Truss, who provided the voices of Mr. Gresham, Mr. Lawson and Bank Teller in the animated series, also played minor roles in three episodes of Road to Avonlea.
- Keith Knight voiced Willow in the animated series. In Road to Avonlea, he portrayed the role of Reverend Fitzsimmons.
- Zachary Bennett provided the voice of Lorne in two episodes of the animated series. He is better known for his role of Felix King in Road to Avonlea (1990-1996) and Happy Christmas, Miss King (1998).
- Kim Kuhteubl, who provided the voice of Miss Evans in two episode, was credited as Kim Kuthable. She also appeared in the 2005 film Anne: Journey to Green Gables in the voice role of Alice Lawson.
- Sheila McCarthy who provided the voice of Mrs. King in the animated series, also played the role of Betty Blaine in "King of the Great White Way", the sixth episode of Season 7 of Road to Avonlea.
- Rosemary Dunsmore voiced E.J. Lark in the animated series. She also portrayed Katherine Brooke in Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987) and Abigail MacEwan in five episodes of Road to Avonlea (1990-1996).
- Philip Williams, who provided the voice of Mr. Breen in the animated series, also played Mr. Duncan in "Modern Times", the third episode of Season 5 of Road to Avonlea.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 18 images of Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series (view gallery).|
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 40 images from Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series (view gallery).|