|Anne of Avonlea|
|Television series information|
|Number of seasons||
|Number of episodes||
6 (list of episodes)
|Related pages||Out of universe|
This 1975 BBC television adaptation of L.M. Montgomery's beloved novel follows a maturing Anne Shirley (Kim Braden) on her journey from freckle-faced girl to beautiful woman. While working as a schoolteacher, Anne continues to pursue her dream of becoming a published writer by winning a baking soda company's essay contest; fends off several suitors; and returns to Avonlea whenever she can to visit her adoptive mother, Marilla (Barbara Hamilton).
- Main article: Anne of Avonlea (TV series)/Episodes
Behind the scenes
- Kim Braden, Barbara Hamilton, Jan Francis, Kim Hardy and Zuleika Robson returned as cast members in their roles of Anne Shirley, Marilla Cuthbert, Diana Barry, Ruby Gillis and Jane Andrews respectively.
- Christopher Blake replaced Robin Halstead in the role of Gilbert Blythe. Robin portrayed Gil in four episodes of the 1972 TV series Anne of Green Gables.
- Avis Bunnage left the cast and was replaced by Madge Ryan as Rachel Lynde.
- Gordon Sterne replaced Edmond Bennett in the role of Thomas Lynde. Edmond portrayed Thomas in two episodes of Anne of Green Gables.
- Valerie Colgan, who played Mrs. Evans in Episode 6, also portrayed Lucilla Harris in Anne of Green Gables (1972).
- The series was reprised only once, from January 2 to February 6, 1977, on BBC.
- Jamesina was the aunt from Jane Andrews, but in the books she was the aunt of Stella Maynard.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 7 images of Anne of Avonlea (TV series) (view gallery).|
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 23 images from Anne of Avonlea (TV series) (view category).|