|Anne of Avonlea|
|Television series information|
|Number of seasons||
26 January - 2 March 1975
|Number of episodes||
This 1975 BBC television adaptation of L.M. Montgomery's beloved novel follows a maturing Anne Shirley (Kim Braden) on her journey from freckle-faced girl to beautiful woman. While working as a schoolteacher, Anne continues to pursue her dream of becoming a published writer by winning a baking soda company's essay contest; fends off several suitors; and returns to Avonlea whenever she can to visit her adoptive mother, Marilla (Barbara Hamilton).
|1.||Episode 1||January 26, 1975|
|2.||Episode 2||February 2, 1975|
|3.||Episode 3||February 9, 1975|
|4.||Episode 4||February 16, 1975|
|5.||Episode 5||February 23, 1975|
|6.||Episode 6||March 2, 1975|
Behind the scenes
- Kim Braden, Barbara Hamilton, Jan Francis, Kim Hardy and Zuleika Robson returned as cast members in their roles of Anne Shirley, Marilla Cuthbert, Diana Barry, Ruby Gillis and Jane Andrews respectively.
- Christopher Blake replaced Robin Halstead in the role of Gilbert Blythe. Robin portrayed Gil in four episodes of the 1972 TV series Anne of Green Gables.
- Avis Bunnage left the cast and was replaced by Madge Ryan as Rachel Lynde.
- Gordon Sterne replaced Edmond Bennett in the role of Thomas Lynde. Edmond portrayed Thomas in two episodes of Anne of Green Gables.
- Valerie Colgan, who played Mrs. Evans in Episode 6, also portrayed Lucilla Harris in Anne of Green Gables (1972).
- The series was reprised only once, from January 2 to February 6, 1977, on BBC.
- Jamesina was the aunt from Jane Andrews, but in the books she was the aunt from Stella Maynard.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 7 images of Anne of Avonlea (TV series) (view category).|
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 33 images from Anne of Avonlea (TV series) (view category).|