Behind the scenesEdit
- The casting call describes Anne as, 11-14 year old girl, max. height 5'4", the smaller and wispier the better. Anne is impoverished and underfed. Anne is not old-fashioned, precious or glib. She’s a modern girl with a massive heart, a sense of justice, a searing intellect and, for better and for worse, an inability to self-edit. She is spunky, forthright, full of imagination, quirky and interesting. She is also a deeply wounded kid — she bears the emotional scars of the abusive life she’s led so far. Anne is full of contradictions, insecurities and deep emotions in a time when emotions were not welcomed or acceptable. ANNE will explore what it means to be a young person navigating adolescence and facing a changing era.
- The official description on the CBC website states: After an abusive childhood spent in orphanages and working in the homes of strangers, 13-year-old Anne Shirley is a remarkably resilient girl with a unique spirit, fierce intellect and brilliant imagination.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 1,022 images of Anne Shirley (view gallery).|
- "Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny"
- "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me"
- "But What Is So Headstrong as Youth?"
- "An Inward Treasure Born"
- "Tightly Knotted to a Similar String"
- "Remorse Is the Poison of Life"
- "Wherever You Are Is My Home"
| Billy Andrews | Jane Andrews | Prissy Andrews | Diana Barry | Eliza Barry | Minnie May Barry | William Barry|
Jerry Baynard | Gilbert Blythe | Tillie Boulter | Marilla Cuthbert | Matthew Cuthbert | Ruby Gillis | Rachel Lynde
Mr. Phillips | Josie Pye | Anne Shirley | Charlie Sloane | Moody Spurgeon
| Mr. Andrews | Mrs. Andrews | Mr. Avery | Mrs. Blewett | Mr. Gillis | Mrs. Gillis | Mr. Hammond | Mrs. Hammond|
Mary Joe | Thomas Lynde | Matron | Minister | Mrs. Spencer | Stationmaster